Friday, January 04, 2013

Lists - My Top 10 novels

I had never done one of these "10 novels I'd take to a desert island" lists. It's a cliché, but I've thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to do it. I haven't thought to it much as I've preferred to do it spontaneously to make the list more personal, that's why there aren't brief reviews or anything. It's just a sort of divertimento, and as I've enjoyed it I'll probably do the same with non-fiction books, films, TV series, video games... So, here's a short list of my models, in no particular order. It features both timeless classics and books that would be considered of lesser literary value, but then again it's not a list of best novels but just the ones that have impressed me the most for many different reasons:

- Illusions Perdues - Honoré de Balzac, 1843.
- Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card, 1985.
- Notes from Underground - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, 1864.
- The Silmarillion - John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, 1977.
- Uncertain Glory - Joan Sales, 1956.
- The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas, 1844.
- Steppenwolf - Herman Hesse, 1927.
- Pnin - Vladimir Nabokov, 1957.
- Night - Elie Wiesel, 1956.
- Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson, 1883.

PS. It's a short text and everything's pretty understandable so for this one time I won't translate it into Catalan. La mandra, nens, la mandra...

No comments:

Post a Comment