Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Surprise! A finished project / Sorpresa! Un projecte acabat

I had to keep it in secret for a while but it's about time to make an announcement. It's a nice coincidence that today, April 2, is the anniversary of Hans Christian Andersen's birth.

I spent the past month writing short stories. I started writing them for myself, but after a while I thought "hey, you're a writer, you're not supposed to keep your work for yourself unless you don't want to make a living on it". It's my first attempt at writing fables -short tales featuring animals and with a moral message- but I'm quite satisfied. In addition to that, I found it was a good way to start and actually finish a project in a relatively short period of time. After all, having it actually done is one of the first writing/creating tips on any list, and that's what I did. While I was about to write the the last fable I thought any good fable compilation needs some good illustrations, so asked my long-time associate Xavier Ren if he'd like to provide them. He accepted, so although we still don't have a publishing date because there's work left to do, I can tell you it will be something else than "only" text.

The compilation, entitled Wildlife, contains five fables. It will most probably be published only in electronic format via Amazon and a few other plaftorms but doing a short-run printed version is not completely out of the table. I'll keep you informed about it. And that's pretty much it, such a short post for something so important!

PS. I forgot to say I wrote the fables in Catalan, but I'll translate them into Spanish and English too.



Ho he hagut de mantenir en secret un temps, però és hora d'anunciar una cosa. És una feliç casualitat que avui, 2 d'abril, sigui l'aniversari del naixement de Hans Christian Andersen.

Em vaig passar la meitat del mes passat escrivint històries curtes. Vaig començar escrivint-les per mi, però després vaig pensar "ei, ets escriptor, se suposa que no t'ho has de quedar tot per tu a no ser que no t'hi vulguis guanyar la vida". És la meva primera experiència escrivint faules -contes curts protagonitzats per animals i amb moralina- però n'estic bastant satisfet. A més, vaig veure que era una bona manera de començar i acabar un projecte en un periode de temps relativament curt. Al cap i a la fi, acabar és un dels primers punts de qualsevol llista de consells d'escriptura/creatius. Quan era a punt d'escriure la darrera faula vaig pensar que qualsevol bon recull té bones il·lustracions, de manera que vaig preguntar a en Xavier Ren si li agradaria fer-les. Va acceptar, així que tot i que encara no tenim data de publicació perquè queda feina a fer, us puc dir que serà quelcom més que "només" text.

El recull, titulat Vida Salvatge, conté cinc faules. Segurament es publicarà només en format electrònic via Amazon i d'altres plataformes, però fer una edició física de tirada limitada no està completament descartat. Us mantindré informats. I això és tot, un post molt curt per una cosa tan important!

PD. Havia oblidat que he escrit les faules en català, però també les traduïré al castellà i a l'anglès.

No comments:

Post a Comment